The Synod provides a Car Leasing Scheme for clergy and lay church employees‡. It is a lease-to-buy scheme with fixed monthly payments for three years and an obligation to purchase the vehicle at the end of the term at a pre-agreed value. The lease may be extended by by negotiation.
‡ Please note that there are Fringe Benefits Tax implications for church employees entering the Car Lease Scheme.
- Your choice of vehicle
- Vehicle is purchased and owned by the Synod
- Initial vehicle purchase cost excludes GST
- Low capital cost from Anglican Funds SA
- Fixed monthly payments
- Pre-agreed payout figure
- For clergy, payments may be made via RPE account from Vehicle Allowance
- Three year initial term
- Lease repayments registration and insurance
Each lease scheme is calculated individually, based on the vehicle selection.
|Vehicle ‘drive away’ cost†||Monthly Payments||Payout value at three years|
† Including stamp duty, first year registration, and delivery charges
You may also choose to make either additional monthly payments above the minimum or an upfront lump sum, in order to reduce the payout value.
How to apply
To apply for the Car Leasing Scheme, or if you have further questions, please contact Ministry Support.
The application process for the Car Leasing Scheme is as follows:
|1.||Select vehicles, and provide up to three purchase quotes|
|2.||Calculate lease costs, provide lease quotes|
|3.||Accept a lease quote, sign the Car Lease Agreement|
|4.||Purchase the vehicle|
|5.||Vehicle is delivered, and lease payments commence|
Summary of Standard Terms
The Car Lease Scheme uses a Lease Agreement as the contract between you and the Diocese. The terms are standard for all leases, as described below.
Monthly lease cost:
- Includes vehicle registration and insurance
- Is fixed for the term of contract
- Excludes servicing
You agree to pay:
- Monthly payments
- Fuel, servicing, and uninsured repairs
- All fines and traffic infringements
- Stamp duty at the conclusion of the contract
- Any excess arising from an insurance claim
You agree to:
- Keep the vehicle in good order and repair
- Not to sell, dispose of, or encumber the vehicle during the lease
- Indemnify the Synod for any loss relating to the vehicle
- Purchase the vehicle at the agreed price at the end of the contract, or if you leave the Diocese of Adelaide during the contract period
The Diocese agrees to pay:
- Registration fees
- Insurance premiums
The Synod agrees to:
- On expiry of the contract, sell the vehicle to you
- Reduce the payout figure via a higher monthly payment