If you would like to list a position here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Diocesan Risk and Audit Committee
The Diocese is seeking expressions of interest from experienced legal or governance professionals to complement the experience and skills of current members of its Risk and Audit Committee.
The Diocesan Risk and Audit Committee is a voluntary advisory committee to the Diocesan Council. It usually meets four times per year in the late afternoon in North Adelaide. Its primary function is to assist the Diocese to fulfil its responsibilities concerning effective financial management, governance and monitoring of risks.
If you have a sound knowledge and understanding of risk assessment, risk management and of compliance and governance requirements and obligations, we would love to hear from you.
Please forward Expressions of Interest, including a CV and cover letter outlining the skills and perspectives you can contribute, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 13 March 2021
Hospital Chaplain, North Adelaide Local Health Network
A vacancy exists for a .5FTE chaplain (lay or ordained) based at Lyell McEwin Hospital, Playford City. The Northern Adelaide Local Health Network (NALHN) also serves Modbury Hospital.
The appointee will be working as a part of an Ecumenical Team, responsible to the Spiritual Care Manager. Some on-call duties will be required.
Applicants will require:
- A degree in Theology or Social Services
- At least one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education
- A willingness to comply with vaccination requirements
- Be able to be licensed in the Diocese of Adelaide
Previous experience in Health Care or Aged Care Chaplaincy would be an advantage.
For further information please contact the Acting Senior Chaplain. The Right Reverend Denise Ferguson email@example.com
Applications close Friday 19th February.
NOTE: Tenure for this position is linked to a Service Agreement between NALHN and the Diocese of Adelaide. While it is anticipated that the agreement will be renewed, that can’t be guaranteed.
Dean of St Peter’s Cathedral, Adelaide
The Archbishop of Adelaide is looking to appoint a Dean to St Peter’s Cathedral Adelaide, South Australia. The Cathedral has a strong tradition in liturgy and music and an important role in the diocese as well as maintaining a vibrant parish of its own.
The position requires a priest with a well-developed theological understanding, significant experience in management of churches and parishes, and a strong ability to lead teams of both clergy and lay people.
You can download a profile of the Cathedral here.
Please direct all enquiries and expressions of interest to the Archbishop’s Executive Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
St Oswald’s Church, Parkside, Children’s Ministry Leader
Children’s Ministry Leader (casual).
St Oswald’s is a warm, inclusive and thinking community which welcomes children, youth and young adults in shared worship. We are committed to the joy and inspiration of music, as well as to building community, fostering spirituality, and working for justice. Children and youth are an important part of our worship, music and social activities.
The Parish is looking for an enthusiastic, creative and inclusive person who will work together in ministry with the Rector and a small group of volunteers, to develop and lead an engaging and faith-based program for the children of the Parish (primarily aged 4-12) during Sunday morning services for approximately 40 weeks a year (school term times). The appointee will possess gifts and abilities as a teacher, leader and facilitator, with pastoral sensitivity.
This is a casual position of approximately 6 hours a week paid under the Social and Community Services Award (Level2), according to qualifications and experience. The appointee will be responsible to the Parish Council through the Rector and the Children’s Ministry Steering Group (CMSG) for the performance of duties and will work with and be guided by the Rector and CMSG.
The Children’s Ministry Leader will work in accordance with the values and ethos of the Anglican Church, the Code of Conduct and all Safe Ministry requirements.
Position Specific Requirements & Qualifications:
- Meet all Diocese of Adelaide Safe Ministry Requirements, including DHS Working with Children clearance
- Communicant member of the Anglican Church of Australia OR be willing to fully participate in the spiritual and pastoral life of the Parish ;
- Experience working with primary school aged children.
- A certificate in community services, childcare or youth work, progress towards these or similar qualifications, or equivalent qualifications/ experience is desirable.
Key Selection Criteria:
- A genuine love of children of all ages
- Experience, skill and competency in engaging, mentoring and leading children.
- Ability to develop, coordinate and implement creative and faith-based education programs in collaboration with the Parish’s liturgical and pastoral planning
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team, maintain key relationships and contribute to a positive and successful work environment.
- Ability to assess priorities, manage competing deadlines and work autonomously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An interest and experience in music and/or other creative arts is highly desirable
Initial inquiries should be directed to: Deborah Tranter email@example.com. Written Expressions of interest, addressing the Position requirements and Selection Criteria are due to the same email address by Friday 26 February.
Various vacancies across the Diocese
The following parishes have current vacancies and nominations processes are open. If you are interested, please direct inquiries to the Bishop’s Office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean of St Peter’s Cathedral
St Saviour’s Glen Osmond
St John the Evangelist/All Hallows Coromandel Valley
St John the Evangelist Salisbury
St Mark’s Golden Grove
Grace Network Kensington
St Augustine of Canterbury Unley (Associate Priest)
St Cuthbert’s Prospect
St Barbara’s Parafield Gardens
St Paul’s Port Adelaide
Christ Church/St Matthew’s Kapunda
St Peter’s Mallala / St Paul’s Two Wells