If you would like to list a position here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Various vacancies across the Diocese
The following parishes have current vacancies and nominations processes are open. If you are interested, please direct inquiries to the Bishop’s Office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
St John the Evangelist Salisbury
.8FTE Position. This is a partnered position between Queen Elizabeth Hospital (.5FTE as Chaplain) and the Parish of St Margaret of Scotland, Woodville (.3FTE As Parish priest)
Note: In addition to a B.Th, the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Chaplaincy position requires at least one unit of CPE.
St Cuthbert’s Prospect
St Paul’s Port Adelaide
Christ Church/St Matthew’s Kapunda
St Peter’s Mallala / St Paul’s Two Wells
Office Administrator, St Chad’s
St Chad’s is a parish in the Anglican Diocese of Adelaide. The parish office is located within the St. Chad’s Church Centre at 14 Cheltenham Street, Highgate. The parish is subject to the constitution and code of conduct of the Anglican Diocese of Adelaide and the Anglican Church of Australia.
In addition to regular worship services on site and in the community, the activity of the parish includes community gatherings and events, special time of life celebrations (baptisms, weddings, funerals), memorial garden interments, community outreach and aged care ministry. There is an active Parish Council.
Position Overview: The position of Office Administrator is a diverse role that makes an important contribution to the life and work of the Anglican Parish of Fullarton. This role requires a combination of administrative tasks including but not limited to, assisting clergy, parish council, and volunteers with administrative duties, production of weekly news sheets and responding to enquires.
Reporting relationships: The Office Administrator is an employee of the Synod of the Anglican Diocese of Adelaide and reports to the Parish Priest and will work with the Treasurer, Church Wardens and members of the Parish Council.
Assisting with administrative tasks.
- Processing letters and mail outs, basic office administration and record keeping
- Handling parish and public enquiries, co-ordination of hall bookings.
- Bookkeeping, including accounts payable, maintenance of financial records.
- Co-ordination of site maintenance and upkeep, including booking and supervision of trades
- Assisting in worship preparation. Production of:
- Power Point presentations (from content provided by Priest) for all church services .
- Weekly news sheet and weekly email to parishioners
- Monthly Nursing Home service booklets
- Baptism, wedding, and funeral booklets and/or PowerPoint presentations as required
- Maintaining Parish Records as appropriate including: parish roll, years mind list.
- Filing – including Electronic Management System and Hard Copy filing system
- Copyright reporting via One License
- Assist the Parish Recorder with mailouts for the Planned Giving Programme
- Distribute Agendas and Reports for Parish Council and Vestry meetings
Other duties as negotiated within the scope and responsibilities of the position.
- From time to time Assisting other staff in their administrative needs
- Maintaining office supplies
- Background and experience in Office procedures
- Empathy with and supportive of the ethos of the Anglican Church
- A high level of attention to detail with good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively to meet deadlines and manage competing demands
- Ability to display initiative
- A high level of written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility, with the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team (voluntary and paid workers)
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in making decisions
- Good communication and organisational skills
- The parish will pay compulsory LSL and superannuation payments.
- Classification: Level 2 of the Clerks – Private Sector Award.
- Computer experience and familiarity with the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, internet, and email.
- An understanding of the Anglican Church Safer Ministry Process
- An understanding of current Work Health & Safety requirements
Criminal History check and Safe Ministry and/or other requirements
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.
- The position complies with duties which are now governed by Fair Work and in accordance with the Clerks Private Sector Award 2020 and conforms to the Employment Terms set out by the Anglican Diocese of Adelaide. There will be a regular review of performance.
Please apply in writing to the Parish Priest, via email or Australia post by 5:00pm Friday 11th March
- Email to: email@example.com.
- Mail to: P.O. Box 306, Highgate SA 5063
Your application should include:
- a one-page cover letter briefly stating suitability for the role against the selection criteria
- a Curriculum Vitae (no more than two pages)
- the names and contact details of at least two referees. If applicable one of these should be a current manager.
- enquiries about the position may be directed to the Parish Priest, the Reverend Dr Josephine Armour at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime or by telephone 9am-5pm Tuesday- Friday, 0416 256 957.
The successful applicant will be subject to background checks as required by the Diocesan Safe Ministry screening process for lay church workers, including a working with children check.